We are happy to announce the launch of WP Activity Log 4.1.4. This update includes a lot of improvements, and is particularly important for Yoast SEO plugin users. From now on the activity log for Yoast SEO functionality will be available through an extension.
With this change we are now able to further improve the plugin’s coverage. In fact, this update also means a faster plugin, and most importantly of all, a comprehensive activity log for Yoast SEO plugin users.
The new Yoast SEO activity log extension
We have made the activity log for Yoast SEO available as a standalone activity log extension because not everyone who uses the WP Activity Log plugin uses Yoast SEO. Also, by transferring the Yoast SEO sensor from the main plugin to an extension the code works more efficiently, and it will also be easier to improve the log’s coverage and troubleshoot technical problems.
Yoast SEO plugin users who want to keep a log of the changes in the Yoast SEO meta box or in the Yoast SEO plugin have to install the new Activity Log for Yoast SEO extension alongside the WP Activity Log plugin.
In this update we have also increased the coverage of the changes that the activity log can keep a track of. This means that the plugin now keeps a log of many other changes that previously it did not. Here is the list of the new activity log IDs the plugin is using:
- ID 8826: user has enabled / disabled the Redirect Attachment URLs in the Yoast SEO plugin.
- ID 8827: Usage tracking has been enabled / disabled.
- ID 8828: The REST API: head endpoint setting was enabled / disabled.
- ID 8829: The social profile URL was added / modified / deleted.
- ID 8830: User changed the taxonomies settings to show in search results.
- ID 8831: Changed the SEO title template for a taxonomy type.
- ID 8832: Changed the meta description template for a taxonomy type.
- ID 8833: Enabled or disabled the display of Author or Date archives.
- ID 8834: Configured the plugin to show the Author or Date archived in the search results.
- ID 8835: Changed the SEO title template for the Author or Date archive pages.
- ID 8836: Changed the Meta description template for the Author or Date archive pages.
- ID 8837: Enabled / disabled the setting to show SEO settings for specific taxonomy types.
Refer to the complete list of activity log event IDs for more information on which WordPress and Yoast SEO plugin changes can WP Activity Log keep a log of. For more information on activity log for third party plugins check out our activity log extensions page.
Other noteworthy plugin updates & improvements
- Detection of plugin updates via zip file uploads.
- Better activity log & plugin privileges on multisite networks.
- Improver the users sessions’ database connector.
- Migrated all the bbPress code to the activity log extension.
- Fixed a validation security issue in nonces. Issue responsibly reported by Lenon Leite.
For a complete list of what is new, improved and fixed in this update of the WP Activity Log plugin refer to the plugin changelog.
Update to 4.1.4 now and if you use Yoast SEO, install the extension
We are very happy with what we’ve done with this update. The new dedicated extension for Yoast SEO is out. We’ve done major improvements to the plugin and bug fixes for a better performance.
To benefit from the best performing and most reliable code, you should definitely update to WP Activity Log 4.1.4, and don’t forget to download and activate the new extension for Yoast SEO from the Enable / Disable events > Third party plugins section.