We are proud to announce the first ever BETA release of our new WordPress security plugin WP Activity Log. The plugin is available for download from the official WordPress plugin directory.
What is WP Activity Log?
WP Activity Log is similar to the Windows Events Log or Linux Syslog. It keeps a log of what is happening on a WordPress, such as who logged in or out, who deleted a blog post, who published a page and much more.
The WordPress administrator can use the Audit Log Viewer, which is part of the plugin to see all of the logged activity. Below is a screenshot of the Audit Log Viewer.
From the above screenshot of the Audit Log Viewer, we can see that for each action that the plugin logs, an Event is created. For more information about such events, please refer to the WP Activity Log list of WordPress Security Alerts.
Why and who should use WP Activity Log?
Ideal for every type of WordPress installation, especially for multi user business blogs and websites, with WP Activity Log you can:
- Detect suspicious activity, e.g. if users roles or passwords are changed, if a plugin is activated without your concent etc
- Monitor WordPress users activity and productivity
- Detect a hacker’s hacking preliminary activity
- Monitor the content of your WordPress blog or website
- Identify issues before they become a problem, such as a hacking attack
Download WP Activity Log
Download WP Activity Log from the official WordPress plugin directory. Send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you think of the plugin. Any comments, suggestions, complaints, we are all ears.