Today we are excited to announce WP Activity Log 4.0.3. It features an improved WooCommerce activity log sensor with broader coverage, support for the new WooCommerce 4.0 and the new admin tool, an activity log add-on for bbPress, and many other plugin updates.
Let’s dive right in for more details on what is new and improved in this update of the most comprehensive WordPress activity log plugin.
Support for WooCommerce 4.0
Increased coverage of WooCommerce store & products changes
In this update we also increased the coverage of the store and products changes store managers do. This means that the plugin now keeps a log of many other changes that previously it did not. Here is the list of the new IDs the plugin is using:
- 9105: The product stock quantity has changed due to an order.
- 9085: The WooCommerce setting “Selling location(s)” was changed.
- 9086: List of excluded countries to sell to was changed.
- 9087: List of countries to sell to was changed.
- 9088: The WooCommerce setting “Shipping location(s)” was changed.
- 9090: The WooCommerce setting “Default custom location” was changed.
- 9091: The “Cart page” in the WooCommerce settings was changed.
- 9092: The “Checkout page” in the WooCommerce settings was changed.
- 9093: The “My Account page” in the WooCommerce settings was changed.
- 9094: The “Terms & conditions page” in the WooCommerce settings was changed.
Refer to the WooCommerce activity log event IDs for a complete list of all the WooCommerce store and products changes the plugin can keep a log of.
New bbPress activity logs add-on
Up until WP Activity Log version 4.0.2, the activity logs sensor for bbPress was shipped within the core plugin itself. However, not everyone who uses WP Activity Log also uses bbPress.
So in order to keep the main plugin light, we’ve taken out the bbPress activity log sensor from the main plugin and released it as a bbPress activity log add-on. If you use our WordPress activity log plugin to keep a log of changes on bbPress, upon updating to 4.0.3 install the bbPress activity logs add-on as well.
Note: in future updates of the plugin we will also remove the WooCommerce and Yoast SEO sensors from the plugin and release them as activity log add-ons. Refer to the page activity logs for third party plugins for a complete list of which other plugins we support and integrate with.
Breaking change: individual add-ons no longer supported
In January 2018 we switched from selling multiple individual add-ons to a simpler freemium model; free and premium editions. You can read more about this in our 2018 license change announcement.
We have supported the individual add-on since then. I.e. they still worked with the free version of the plugin. However, we had to stop supporting them in order to continue developing our plugin. The backward compatibility support was holding us back since we had to work with legacy code that is at least 3 years old.
If you are still using the individual add-ons, please contact us so we can assist you with the upgrade.
Other noteworthy highlights in 4.0.3
- Performance enhancement: we started moving the plugin’s settings from our own table to the wp_options table. So far we moved ten settings.
- The plugin now detects the multiple changes that are done at once (instead of only reporting the latest change).
- We removed the masking on errors in the activity log external database so when there are connection problems you are notified of the actual error, thus easing troubleshooting.
- Plugin is reported instead of a username in the WordPress activity log when a change is done automatically by a plugin.
For a complete list of what is new, improved and fixed in this update of 100+ commits, refer to the plugin change log.
Update to WP Activity Log 4.0.3
This version is a major and essential update for all WooCommerce store owners. We improved the plugin’s coverage and started supporting the all new WooCommerce Admin. Update your WP Activity Log plugin install to benefit from the most advanced and comprehensive activity logs for WooCommerce.