The new version of WP Activity Log WordPress security and monitoring plugin is available for download. This blog post summarizes what the new features and improvements are.
WP Activity Log Supports Custom Post Types
The new version of WP Activity Log supports custom post types; WordPress administrators can now monitor all activity of posts with custom post type, for example who created new ones or modified and deleted existing ones.
Enable and Disable WordPress Security Alerts
WP Activity Log version 0.4 also allows WordPress administrators to switch on or off specific WordPress security alerts. For example if the administrator does not want to be alerted via the Audit Log Viewer when another WordPress administrator upgrades a WordPress plugin, the administrator can disable the WordPress security alert from the new plugin’s node Enable/Disable Alerts.
Translate WP Activity Log Plugin
The new version of WP Activity Log supports translations. If you are interested in contributing a translation drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
New WordPress Security Alerts for Custom Post Types
WP Activity Log plugin is now able to generate and log a security alert in the Audit Log Viewer when any of the below actions related to posts with custom post types happen on your WordPress installation:
- A new post with a custom post type is created and saved as draft (Alert 2029)
- A new post with a custom post type is published (Alert 2030)
- A published post with a custom post type is modified (Alert 2031)
- A draft post with a custom post type is modified (Alert 2032)
- A post with a custom post type is permanently deleted (Alert 2033)
- A post with a custom post type is moved to trash (Alert 2034)
- A post with a custom post type is restored from trash (Alert 2035)
- The category (or categories) of a post with a custom post type is changed (Alert 2036)
- The URL of a post with a custom post type is changed (Alert 2037)
- The author of a post with a custom post type is changed (Alert 2038)
- The status of a post with a custom post type is changed (Alert 2039)
- The visibility of a post with a custom post type is changed (Alert 2040)
- The date of a post with a custom post type is changed (Alert 2041)
Other WP Activity Log Plugin Improvements
WP Activity Log version 0.4 also includes the following improvements:
- Updated the Settings page to use the standard WordPress format and improve the ease of use.
- Updated the Audit Log Viewer to support further resolutions, especially those of tables (iPad etc) and phones.
- A new Security Alerts widget that displays the latest 5 WordPress security alerts is added to the WordPress dashboard. The WordPress administrator can switch it on or off from the plugin’s settings page.
- Improved the upgrade functionality for a smoother (less problematic) upgrade of WP Activity Log plugin.
Download WP Activity Log Plugin
You can download our WordPress security plugin WP Activity Log from the WordPress plugin repository and learn more about its features from the premium features page. For a list of WordPress security alerts generated by WP Activity Log plugin refer to the List of WordPress Security Audit Log Alerts.
Upgrading WP Activity Log Plugin
Once you login to your WordPress using an administrator account you will be automatically notified that an upgrade of WP Activity Log plugin is available. You can upgrade automatically by clicking the upgrade link.
If you want to manually upgrade the plugin; download the plugin from the WordPress repository, deactivate the plugin from the WordPress dashboard, delete all plugin files and replace them with the new files. Once all files are uploaded, enable the plugin from the WordPress dashboard.
Rate WP Activity Log Plugin
If you use WP Activity Log plugin and it helped you improve the security and monitoring of your WordPress blog or website, please rate (and if possible post a review) WP Activity Log on the WordPress repository. If you have any questions or feedback, get in touch with us by sending us an email on email@example.com.